In recognition of the importance of education, AMCO established a scholarship program in 1981 for children or wards of all salaried/full-time employees of Association Member Companies. The Association provides financial support for deserving individuals for the purpose of attending recognized post-secondary institutions. The program runs from May or June to August each year, depending on budgeting approval.
Recognized Programs and Institutions
Full-time Undergraduate Degree offered by an accredited Canadian University or Full-Time Diploma course at an accredited Ontario Community College will be given primary consideration. Consideration may be extended to full time programs by other accredited Canadian Institutions, providing the objectives of the program are met.
In order to apply and be eligible for consideration, applicants must:
- be the son, daughter or legal ward of a person who is a full-time/salaried employee or equivalent of an Association member, which has been in good standing for at least one year;
- be a Canadian citizen;
- have successfully completed their latest academic year with a minimum of a 60% average;
- be sponsored and endorsed by the AMCO representative of the Ontario operations of the member company;
- not be otherwise receiving a major scholarship or bursary (I.E. over $5,000);
- have at least a C average (60%) in their latest academic year.
- has only been awarded a AMCO Scholarship 4 times or less.
Member companies may sponsor and endorse more than one applicant each year.
2023 Application Forms: